Pursuant to regulations of MIC Vietnam at Appendix 2 of Circular 42/2016/TT-BTTTT, Ethernet Gateway (wired Gateway) need MIC Vietnam Signed Declaration of Conformity (SDoC) certificate and ICT Mark (ICT logo) to enter Vietnam markets. If the Gateway has RF interfaces (Eg: Cellular 2G / 3G /4G, Zigbee, LoRa or Wi-Fi..),it will be subjected to both MIC Type Approval and MIC SDoC certification.
1. Applicable regulations for Ethernet Gateway
(1) Circular 30/2011/TT-BTTTT of MIC Vietnam – Regulations on Type Approval (TA) certification and Declaration of Conformity (DoC) certification for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) products.
(2) Appendix 2 of Circular 42/2016/TT-BTTTT: List of ITE products subjected to MIC Declaration of Conformity certification.
(3) Documents 886/BTTTT-KHCN: Official guidance for implementation of Circular 42/2016/TT-BTTTT.
(4) TCVN 7189:2009: Vietnam standard for Information technology equipment - Radio disturbance characteristics - Limits and methods of measurement. (Equivalent to EN 55022 or CISPR 22).
(1) Eventhough a product is not exactly a gateway or not named as "Ethernet Gateway", if the product has RJ45 ports and having gateway function it will be judged as a gateway and subjected to MIC Declaration of Conformity certification.
(2) If the gateway has any RF interfaces like 2G / 3G /4G, Zigbee, LoRa or Wi-Fi, applicable technical standards will follow Appendix 1 of Circular 42/2016/TT-BTTTT. In this case, it is mandatory to obtain Type Approval certificate for RF gateway before proceeding SDoC certification.
2. Requirements for Declaration of Conformity certification for Ethernet Gateway
Required documents to apply for SDoC with Self-Assessment Declaration of Conformity method as follows:
(1) Declaration of Conformity form;
(2) Product specifications sheet or product data sheet;
(3) TCVN 7189:2009 test report issued by local accredited test lab or EN 55022 / CISPR 22 test report issued by test lab recognized by MIC Vietnam under MRA;
(Pursuant to regulation of MIC Vietnam at Document 886/BTTTT-KHCN, MIC Vietnam temporarily accept EN 55032 / CISPR 32 test report if EN 55022 / CISPR 22 test report is not available.)
(4) Product photos;
(5) A copy of Business license of applicant;
(6) ICT Mark of applicant (DoC mandatory type ICT Mark with “NAME” only).
3. Certification Authorities
Depends on register address of local certificate holder, application documents must be submitted to one of the following address:
(1) The Verification and Certification Center 1 of VNTA located in Hanoi: for applicants having register address in the North of Vietnam;
(2) The Verification and Certification Center 2 of VNTA located in HCMC: for applicants having register address in the South of Vietnam;
(3) The Verification and Certification Center 1 of VNTA located in Da Nang: for applicants having register address in the Middle of Vietnam.
Certification procedures is officially announced to takes 7 working days but in practice it can take 2-3 weeks for obtaining SDoC from Ho Chi Minh Center or Da Nang Center since hard copy of SDoC must be sent to Hanoi for stamp of VNTA.