MIC Vietnam has officially released Circular 04/2018/TT-BTTTT to replace existing Circular 42/2016/TT-BTTTT - Regulations on list of products subjected to MIC Type Approval and Declaration of Conformity. The new Circular shall take effect from 01 July 2018 together with several new National Technical Regulations introduced by MIC Vietnam recently. The official Circular 04/2018/TT-BTTTT is a bit different from the first draft version introduced by MIC Vietnam on Jan 2018.
1. WLAN and Blutooth now listed on Short Range Devices category at item 2.3 of Appendix 1 of this Circular.
2. Short range devices are subjected to Type Approval and Declaration of Conformity. It means Type Approval and SDoC certificates will be required for Blutooth, WLAN, Zigbee, LoRa and other IoT or SRD applications eventhough these product could have maximum RF power less than 60mW (60mW rules is applicable for product listed at item 2.1 of Appendix 1 of this Circular only. This is the major difference between offcial Circular 04/2018/TT-BTTTT and the first Draft version.
3. Many other radio devices (transmitters and transceivers), to be exempted from Type Approval (TA) certification, Declaration of Conformity (DoC) will be required still for a part of TA exempted products.
- Non-radio will be move from the list of product subjected to TA (Appendix I) to the list of product subjected to DoC (Appendix II);
- Radio devices using old technique are exempted.
4. EMC requirements will be exempted from Type Approval certification but required for Declaration of Conformity certification.
5. Only item 2.6 - Safety requirements of QCVN 101:2016/BTTTT (equal to IEC 62133:2012) will be required for Lithium Battery during the lifetime of the new circular. Document No. 886/BTTTT-KHCN (official guidance for Circular 42) will be automatically invalid when the new circular enter in effect and local testing for lithium battery (applied for mobile phone, tablet, and notebook PC) will be required if there is no further guidance on Lithium Battery certification released by MIC Vietnam.
6. Total lead time to obtain Type Approval certificate can be shortened due to less requirements.
7. Several new National Technical Regulations will enter in effect together with the new circular. QCVN 112:2016/BTTTT will replace QCVN 18:2014/BTTTT for WLAN devices.