Decree 74/2018/ND-CP of Government has entered in effect since 01 – July – 2018 and cause a massive stuck situation in importing wireless and ITE products since 01 – July – 2018 till 17 – July -2018. On 17 – July – 2018, MIC Vietnam has issued an official letter No. 2305/BTTTT-CVT - Guidance for implementation of Decree 74/2018/ND-CP:
1. Before 01 – August – 2018:
(1) Products listed under Appendix 1 of Circular 04/2018/TT-BTTTT of MIC Vietnam requires Type Approval certificate for customs clearance.
(2) Products listed under Appendix 2 of Circular 04/2018/TT-BTTTT of MIC Vietnam requires Declaration of Conformity certificate for customs clearance.
2. From 01 – August – 2018:
(1) Procedure to import products listed under Appendix 1 and Appendix 2 of Circular 04/2018/TT-BTTTT of MIC Vietnam complies with Decree 74/2018/ND-CP: an "imported product quality registration form" verified and certified by VNTA will be required.
(2) To apply for "imported product quality registration form", required documents to be complies with Point a, Clause 2a, Article 7 Decree No. 132/NĐ-CP (supplemented Clause 3, Article 1 Decree No. 74/2018/NĐ-CP).
(3) Pursuant to Article 2 of Decree No. 74/2018/NĐ-CP: Declaration of Conformity certificate (SDoC certificate) will be required to finish the import process.
Due to this changes, the products which previously not under regulation of import permit like Batteries, Laptop PC, PC, Switch, Router, Firewall, set-top-box… will require SDoC certificate to enter Vietnam. Not like before 01 – July – 2018, this is a huge barrier to prevent imported products under appendix 2 entering Vietnam without certificates.However, the good point of this regulation is process to obtain samples will be much easier. After obtaining an "imported product quality registration form" verified and certified by VNTA, applicant can obtain samples for local testing. This process is much faster and easier than obtaining temporary import permit from MIC and MOIT pursuant to previous regulation.