Pursuant to Decision 04/2017/QD-TTg - List of devices and appliances subjected to Minimum Energy Performance Standard (MEPS) and Energy Efficiency Declaration of Conformity (EE DoC) issued by Prime Minister of Vietnam, Laptop / Notebook PC is subjected to Minimum Energy Performance Standard and regulatory Energy Label after getting Energy Efficiency Declaration of Conformity.
1. Applicable regulations
(1) Decision No.04/2017/QD-TTg of Vietnam Prime Minister - Regulation the list of equipment and means required to comply with Vietnam regulation on energy efficiency.
(2) Circular 36/2016/TT-BCT of Vietnam Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT Vietnam) - Regulations on procedures and required documents for Declaration of Conformity according to Vietnam National Energy Efficiency Program (VNEEP).
(3) TCVN 11847:2017 - Desktop and Notebook Computer - Mearsurement of energy consumption
(4) TCVN 11848:2017 - Notebook Computer - Energy Efficiency.
2. Energy Efficiency DoC procedures and requirements:
Required documents to apply for Energy Efficiency certificate for Personal Computer Monitor as follows:
(1) Vietnam Energy Efficiency Declaration of Conformity form;
(2) Energy Efficiency test reports;
(3) Certificates and Accreditation Letter of Test lab if test reports are issued by oversea labs;
(4) Energy Label Design.
Department of Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Development shall review the application dossier and issue Energy Efficiency certificate within 2 weeks. Certificate holder can use Vietnam Energy Label only after DoC process.